Thaxted Parish Council takes the privacy of its users seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing a personalised and valuable service. Any personal information you give to us will be processed in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We will use the information to process your request and to provide any relevant further information. It will also be used to support our marketing and market research activities.
Personal Information Collected
Thaxted Parish Council undertakes to maintain your personal data in secure conditions. Your personal data will be disclosed to staff and agents in order to support our services to you; this is done on a need-to-know basis and all staff are made aware of the procedures they must follow to ensure your data is protected.
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your "Data") through:
· the use of enquiry form
· your completion of the subscription option
· the provision of your details to us either online or offline.
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
· E-mail address
· Other information from your submission if you provide this to us
· Usage statistics
We may also collect information that we request from you regarding your use of our service or that we collect automatically about your visit to our sites. Please see our Cookies Policy for more details.
Use of your Personal Information
Your personal data is held for the purposes set out in data protection act. On making an enquiry, you confirm that you understand that your data may be processed for these purposes which include:
· processing enquiries;
· maintaining your record
· providing advice and support
· providing our customers with a personalised service
· conducting market research surveys
· allowing users to participate in interactive features of our service, where they choose to do so
· running competitions, prize draws and promotions
· providing you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information),
· statutory returns and reporting to sponsors and government agencies
· where your data is disclosed to a third party, this is done in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
If an enquiry is not progressed we will securely destroy the information line with the Thaxted Parish Council retention and destruction policy.
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified by name):
· to build up marketing profiles
· to aid strategic development
· to manage our relationship with advertisers
· to audit usage of the site.
We use technology on the registration, application and enquiry pages of our website, which may record user movements, including page scrolling, mouse clicks and text entered. The data we collect in this way helps us to identify usability issues, to improve the assistance and technical support we can provide to users and is also used for aggregated and statistical reporting purposes.